Kenneth W. Roth was raised in and longtime resident of Columbia Township for over 60 years. His years of public service and volunteerism are unmatched with many long lasting contributions to the community.
Most recently, he assisted in the Columbia Historical Society receiving a $28,000 grant from the State of Ohio for the reimbursement of expenses for the 1812 Columbia Columbia Block House. He was also instrumental in the initial concept, designing, planning, building, and dedication of the replica 1812 Block House, and worked with the Director of the Lorain County Metro Parks to locate it within the Columbia Reserve. He was the committee chairperson and project manager who kept the project on track, led fundraising efforts, and coordinated the dedication ceremony in September 2013. For the dedication ceremony and future Block House Days, he contacted other local historical societies and re-enactors to participate in the activities while serving as the Master of Ceremonies.
He has been a long time member of the Columbia Historical Society, and is currently serving as its Vice President. He continues to participate in educational programs on the history of Columbia Township presented to elementary students in the 3rd and 5th grades each year. He also serves as a docent at the Bronson House Museum and Columbia Block House, and is there when the Lorain Metro Parks calls for a docent for a tour of the Columbia Block House.
He is an active member of the Columbia United Methodist Church as a lay person. He has represented the UMC at the recent regional conference. At the conference, members hear reports of past and ongoing work, adopt future goals, programs, and budgets, ordain clergy members as deacons and elders, and elects delegates to Jurisdictional and General Conferences.
Previously, he has served as Columbia Township Trustee from 1980-1987 and again from 2003-2007. He has also been a member of the Columbia Township Planning Commission and Friends of the Columbia Library.